Steps to Selling a Home
Steps to Selling Your House:
- Price: Meet with your Avenue Realty Realtor® to review a Comparable Market Analysis consisting of other active, pending or recently sold homes in the area to help determine the best sales price.
- Set the Stage: Go through your house, room by room, with an Avenue Realty Realtor® to point out potential home projects that could help add value and sell more quickly.
- Listing Paperwork: Sign exclusive listing contract with Avenue Realty, complete Sellers Disclosures, Sellers Updates and understand your Estimated Net Expense Sheet. Talk with Realtor® about your next step home and if you are willing to sell without a new home in mind or not.
- City Inspection: If you live in Hopkins, St. Louis Park, Robbinsdale, Golden Valley, Minneapolis, Bloomington, Crystal, Maplewood, Richfield, New Hope, Osseo, St. Paul or South St. Paul then you must perform a pre-inspection at your expense prior to listing. Pre-inspections range from $200 - $300. We have pre-inspectors to recommend, but you are welcome to check your city website for a list of licensed evaluators in your area.
- Picture Ready: Review Spacecrafting “check list “and make home spotless for photo appointment.
- Hit the Market: Review MLS listing link to make sure home information is accurate and to your satisfaction. Let your Avenue Realty Realtor® create a huge web presence on Trulia, Zillow, Postlets, Facebook, Realtor, AvenueRealtyMN.com, Twitter and more.
- Showings: Make sure your house is show ready with beds made, dishes put away, pets kenneled, doors locked, valuables and medications in safe or out of house before leaving for the day. Check your phone or email frequently to be available to respond to showing requests.
- Feedback: Feedback emails will be sent to all showing agents and then forwarded onto you. We will review feedback to make sure we are point with price and make potential adjustments if need be.
- Open House: Make house show ready for Open House.
- Offer: Review Purchase Agreement with your Avenue Realty Realtor®. You can accept, counter any terms or deny.
- Earnest Money: Once offer is executed and signed by all parties then the earnest money is deposited into Avenue Realty trust account within 2 business days. Money will remain in account until closing.
- Home Inspection: Inspection timeframe is specifically spelled out in Purchase Agreement to be performed and paid for by Buyers.
- Negotiate Inspection Items: Buyers can remove inspection contingency, re-negotiate remedies found during inspection or retract offer and retain their earnest money.
- Associations: If selling a condo, townhome or home within an association then Buyers will be given 10 days to review all association documents. If Buyers find the association documents unsatisfactory then they can retract Purchase Agreement and retain earnest money.
- Appraisal: You should have house show ready for Appraisal appointment. Homes in tip top shape appraiser for a higher value.
- Utility Bills: A few days prior to closing please call your utility bills to cancel and inform them of new Buyers name and date of closing to have prorated.
- Buyers Final Walk Through: Make sure home is clean, and free & clear of debris. Leave all TV mounts, window treatments, mirrors and other agreed on personal property items laid out in Purchase Agreement. Removed whatever has been excluded from agreement.
- Closing: Stay in contact with your Avenue Realty Realtor® and attend closing to sign house over to new Buyers.